We’ve been onboarding new clients monthly and often times the hardest part is establishing access with the proper controls. To be fair, VenturePack CFOs have super high standards. We want that old school banking relationship, where we have a dedicated banking rep that loves to work with us and take care of our clients, along with new school banking connectivity.
Through our own trials and tribulations, we give you the following list of questions we’ve learned to ask banks BEFORE a switch. The purpose of this post is to save you a headache. Let us know if it works!
- Is your online banking platform compatible with QuickBooks Online (or other software platform that client is using)?
- Are there tokens or key fobs or anything else that will make our lives slower and cause access issues? All users are not always sitting at a desk.
- Do you offer a purchase card that doesn’t require a personal guarantee perchance? There isn’t just one owner of our company and I’d like to issue a few with spending limits to employees.
- Can we initiate a wire without personally having to come into the bank to sign? Any issue with international wires?
- How do we deposit remote?
- Does whoever is making deposits remote have full access to all banking info. from their phone or other? Can we limit that access and still enable them to make deposits?
- How many logins can we have and can we have varying controls?
- Can we view checks online with view only privileges?
- Can we get statements online?
- Who do we call when there is an issue? (please be a person)
- What fees do you charge and what average monthly fee can I expect?
- If I apply for an A/R line, SBA loan, or home loan in the future, who is the decision maker and what is the process? Will I be dealing with an underwriter you’ve never met in Georgia?